[TowerTalk] mast clamp name?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] mast clamp name?
From: na4m@arrl.net (Phil Duff)
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 13:52:01 +0000
At 07:35 2/6/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Tnx but no that wasn't it. He described it as two pieces of metal with
>sets of bolts at each end.  Each half fit around mast and are bolted
>together.
>Sort of like those things they put around leaking pipes.

I use an old style "Emergency Pipe Clamp" on my mast that
rests on the thrust bearing.    The ones I've seen in hardware
stores in recent years are not the same being much thinner metal.

The clamps are hinged on one side with two bolts on the
opposite side to tighten the clamp on the pipe/mast.

73 Phil NA4M

....- --
Phil Duff NA4M     na4m@arrl.net   Georgetown, Texas