[TowerTalk] 2 vs 3 ele 40m yagi - opinions?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2 vs 3 ele 40m yagi - opinions?
From: robert@gi0kow.freeserve.co.uk (Robert Cummings)
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:29:16 +0000

>2) I have to choose whether to use full size 40 meter elements, or to load
>them somehow (probably capacity hats at the ends of the elements.  4 2'
>spokes shortens the elements to about 56' - 8' of hat spokes saves 5.5' of
>tip length (per side).  Maybe F12 style linear loading line the new N
>elements.).
Not sure what the difference is between the F12 N elements and what they
used on the Mag 340 but if it is similar to what was used on the Mag 340
be sure to design yours to a much stronger standard than what F12 use.

My Mag 340 has failed in this area (and in most other areas) and is
pretty much ready for the scrap heap.

Make sure you over-engineer the components
Good luck with the project.
Robert Cummings GI0KOW