[TowerTalk] Fw: connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: connectors
From: w3svj@juno.com (w3svj@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 06:29:03 -0500
Does anybody have the really "Good Book" on coax connectors?
The Steel City ARC, W3KWH, is working up a patch panel at the club
station to make life in the multi-multi world a little easier.

There will be an outdoor rain tight bulkhead and a centrally located
indoor bulkhead for operator access. Five foot (plus or minus) coax whips
will connect the indoor/outdoor panels.

For quick change at the operator positions we like the idea of female "C"
connectors while we plan to use female "SO" VHF connectors outside at the
antenna patch end.

'Problem is, I cannot identify a catalog number nor a source for these
rascals. We are specifically looking for female SO (UHF) and female "C"
connectors for bulkhead mount BUT have cable ends on them. Our "experts"
want to avoid the standard hoods and use a real cable type termination.

In another life, while on an extended vacation courtesy of Uncle Sam, we
used equipment that had just those style connectors. Is such a product
still out there? They may have been a particular mil spec run but maybe
there are still such animals out there.

Any direction on unusual connector sources?
Are there other more readily availabel (read cheaper) quick connect
devices that would, on occasion, be able to handle the legal limit?

We tried to do away with Punxatauny Phil and get spring here a little
earlier, it didn't work.

73 de Nate, W3SVJ, in Pittsburgh where it's not so smokey anymore and the
famous "Three Rivers Stadium" is a pile of debris.
So much for fame and glory and we still owe nearly 40 million on it!!