[TowerTalk] F-12 C3S assembly hints?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] F-12 C3S assembly hints?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:22:18 EST
In a message dated 2/23/01 6:50:12 AM Pacific Standard Time, ndavis@vt.edu
writes:

> I have ordered a Force-12 C3S and have been told that it will ship from the
>  factory this coming Monday.  With that in mind, does anyone have any
>  suggestions, hints, tips, practical experience on assembling this antenna
>  that I could benefit from  -- before I start to put mine together :-)

    Don't follow the assembly steps in the manual. I've found that it's
mostly slower and more confusing than just taking each marked bundle of
elements and riveting them together. I only refer to the manual if there's a
question on final assembly. With this antenna there's nothing tricky about it
so you could do the whole thing with minimal reference to the manual. (Note:
this is not a violation of the LXC Prime Directive since you can't really
screw anything up.)

    You better have a pop riveter. Allow 3-4 hours for assembly.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech