[TowerTalk] Re: Orion 2800 control problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Orion 2800 control problem
From: 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu (00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:48:27 -0500 (EST)
Matt at M2 says that the 5 vdc I measured between pins 5 & 6 is consistent
with some early rotors - the note on the web site regarding 11.4VDC between
those pins refers to later versions.  He suggests looking elsewhere for
the problem - probably at the rotor connector at the top of the tower.
Now that the TowerTalk archives are back on line, I see that several
people have had problems with water getting into the connector.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9