[TowerTalk] Recent Cushcraft discussion.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Recent Cushcraft discussion.
From: w0hh@msn.com (Tom Champlin)
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 13:30:51 -0600
To All,

My experience was the same as Bruce. I was getting ready to put up an X9
early version, and I called CC about an upgrade on log-cell parts that I had
heard about.
I talked to Art, K1ART. He was most cordial and told me a lot about the
antenna. He also sent me the new parts and new 15m traps overnight air, for
free! This heavy duty antenna has been a great performer. It works very well
on 40m and on 30m, where it couples with the boom somehow. I put it
together, put it up, and all the bands  were right on. The 12 and 17m bands
were close enough for me and work great. It's been at 60' now for 3 years
without any sign of trouble or change. Same deal on my R7000, they made
changes, I found out about them and requested the new parts and they sent
them free, and no trouble. I believe that one's approach is everything. The
X9 is now discontinued and some are still available for someone needing a
very good multiband yagi at an extremely good price.

73, Tom W0HH