[TowerTalk] power winch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] power winch
From: wa4bpj@nina.pagesz.net (Mike Murphy)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 12:50:52 -0500
Bob,
I would not personally use a power winch for any kind of tower work or for
raising a crank up tower. The reason is safety. If something binds while the
winch is in use, the operator may not become aware of it until after the damage
has been done. With a hand winch you have constant feedback about the
state of the load and can easily stop and fix a bind or other problem before
causing harm.

73,
Mike, WA4BPJ