[TowerTalk] HB towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HB towers
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 13:01:11 +0000
I guess in the US society has progressed to the point where
"experimenters" and do it yourselfer's are no longer tolerated.
Almost anything has to be done by a certified, licensed and heavily
insured entity.

Too bad, the Ham Radio hobby was supposed to foster experimentation.

Imagine how far we WOULDN'T have come if Armstrong couldn't have built
his 400' wooden towers to prove that FM works.  Imagine if Watt's
steam engine was deemed to dangerous an experiment.  Coal? Too
dangerous to mine.  And heaven forbid, who would ever sanction using
an explosive and flammable liquid like gasoline to power personal
autos.

73 de Brian/K3KO