[TowerTalk] Advise Please

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Advise Please
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:29:25 EST
In a message dated 3/9/01 6:35:13 AM Pacific Standard Time, aa4lr@arrl.net
writes:

> >    You cannot weld to Rohn 25G or 45G - the legs are too thin.
>
>  I beg to differ! People have built aircraft for decades using much
>  thinner tubing thicknesses than Rohn 25 or 45 have.
>
>  Naturally, thin-walled tubing is a bit more challenging to weld, but the
>  tubing sides of 25 and 45 are plenty thick by comparison.

    Well, it's the difference between having the proper equipment (MIG, TIG,
etc., proper rod, weld temp, depth, etc.) and journeymen welders to do it as
opposed to your typical "amateur" job. After reading TowerTalk for as long as
you have, how many TowerTalkians would YOU trust to weld YOUR tower?

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC