[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 history

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 history
From: k1ky@bellsouth.net (Tom Delker)
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:19:39 -0600
I am researching different "types" of Rohn 25, Rohn 25g and similar
types and copies of this tower.

Specifically, we are talking about the 8-horizontal braced zig-zag style
10' galvanized tower that we commonly use for amateur radio tower
installations. I have come across at least 2 different styles of this
design, which differ slightly in the outer dimension of the vertical
tubing and the swage design being either "smooth swage" and a "step
swage".

I have also found different types of inner leg shipping bolt-retention
caps, so far being: 1. Plasic cap  2. Plastic cap and tube 3. Cork with
side slit 4. Bottle cap with small hole in the middle

If anyone has specific information regarding design changes from Rohn,
or other manufacturers of similar type, please e-mail direct and I will
summarize at a later date.

--
Thomas M. Delker - K1KY CFO#395 - Smyrna / Gallatin / Short Mtn. TN
A.R.R.L. District Emergency Coordinator - Tennessee District #4