[TowerTalk] looking for old Rohn data

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] looking for old Rohn data
From: wq5c@texas.net (Michael Pfeuffer)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:50:18 -0600
It appears that Rohn had at least two styles of boom on their 25G fold-over
tower.  The newer one appears to be solid, while the older one is a
framework of tubes.  I've got the older style.  Compare the two drawings
from a recent catalog:
         B750008 "Installation details for fold-over tower"
         D770034 "No. 25 Fold over Assembly"

The D770034 drawing is dated '77, so it may be that my tower predates that.

Does anyone have any information on this older boom?  Specifically, I need
know whether the antenna windload & weight limits changed with the design.

Thanks!
Mike, WQ5C
wq5c@texas.net