[TowerTalk] Roof Mounted Rohn 25 Help Needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Roof Mounted Rohn 25 Help Needed
From: wd3q@erols.com (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:28:17 -0500
Just as G0JHC was looking for pictures of roof mounted antennas, so am
I.

What I'm looking for is a picture or pictures of (peak) roof mounted
Rohn 25 tower (with top shelf) and a modest sized tribander on top.

I'm wanting to replace my 6 ft quadpod this combination that will
obviously need to be guyed.

I saw an article in QST (or was it CQ) where the author "painted" in
the proposed towers on an existing photo and presented it to the
neighbors.  I'd love to do the same for the XYL.

And while I'm asking, can anyone give me some pointers/photos on how to
install this setup. I did one 30 years ago at my parents place (and in
a recent visit to that neighborhood, I did see that it's still up, 25
years after they moved!), but that was the one and only one time I've
ever put one in.  I didn't see anything in the Rohn catalog or any
other literature I have.

Thanks in advance.

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC