[TowerTalk] durability and Tennadyne T6's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] durability and Tennadyne T6's
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:07:28 EST
After getting the itch to look into the bigger booms, and talking to a lot of
experts, I'm instead going add 20 feet to the tower and stack a couple of
Tennadyne T6's to improve my station.  I'll give up the improvement in gain
compared to a stacked set of 30 foot boomers to save the mechanical/financial
headaches.  It won't be the loudest, or biggest, or baddest stacked array out
there, but I won't be finding any of it's parts down the road as it rattles
apart.  And I don't have to figure out how to rope the elements or pay 30
percent more for a beefed up version of an antenna(s) advertised to already
have 100MPH wind survivability. . After three years in ice, wind, blizzards,
microbursts plus everything else you can find wx wise in Wyoming, .........my
T6 still looks brand new-  13 foot boom and all-

>From what's been posted on TT lately, I wonder if bigger eally is better (or
worth it)  in building a better DXer'mouse trap-

73  Paul  N0AH

--
List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!  www.championradio.com