[TowerTalk] Steel Towers vs. Aluminum Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Steel Towers vs. Aluminum Towers
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:55:23 +0100
Jerry, you have opened up Pandora's Box.
This subject has been discussed over and over again on the reflector.
While I just came back on the reflector yesterday from several years of
absence, I recall this issue from about three years ago.

Anyway, my opinion - Never install aluminum vertically (towers), just
horizontally (antennas).  Lots of reasons why.  It is a serious risk you are
worried about losing the tower and any antennas on it.  It's more
serious if there are houses, cars, people within any drop-zone around the
tower.

Aluminum tower owners will differ...

Bill, N3RR