[TowerTalk] Guy wire anchoring question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy wire anchoring question
From: w6ter@worldnet.att.net (Gerald Smith)
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 07:32:44 -0500
>>What grade is the steel tubing? Any idea what the bending moment is? Just
>>curious.

  Actually, I don't know the bending moment. The PE, having reviewed the
Rohn documentation and listening to my desires, specified steel tubing.
It is commononly used in buildings. It is very heavy. Frankly, I like it
better than an "I-beam".

>>Are these flanges? How big do they have to be? I haven't seen these mentioned
>>before.

"Nelsons" are metal strengthening devices attached to a vertical
structure which is mounted in re-bar caged concrete. In my case, the PE
specified 3/4 inch steel bars welded to the tubing.

Gerry, W6TER

PS: I could probably get you a copy of the engineered drawings if you
think they would be of value to you.

PS: And, of course, we discuss this issue over a beer in Dayton!!