[TowerTalk] Cell towers & ham radio

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cell towers & ham radio
From: n7us@arrl.net (Jim McDonald)
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 22:13:06 -0700
This is a rhetorical question, but what happens when you want or need to
move and you've signed a long-term contract with a cellular company or
wireless Internet provider?  I'd think the first question is whether the
contract is assignable to your buyer, and the next is whether the
prospective buyer would want it or not.

I've moved several times and have never found a ham buyer.  I've had to cut
off stubs or j-bolts for self-supporting towers and leave the base in the
ground - sad, a waste, not too desirable for the buyer.  To have a huge base
and tower on a property seems it could make it impossible to sell.

It seems many of us assume we'll never move/sell, but eventually it usually
happens, even if it's our heirs that do it.

Jim N7US

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!
http://www.championradio.com

-----