[TowerTalk] Vatican RF safety calc

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vatican RF safety calc
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 00:33:41 +0000
I ran a set of assumed numbers through the FCC RF safety calculator.

I assumed 50 Kw, 0 dbi, vertical polariztion, 1.5MHz.

The results are a factor of 10 below the limits at 25' from the
antenna.
One has to be six feet from the antenna to approach the most
restrictive limit.

If one assumes 500Kw (it won't work in the calculator). Then one may
infer that 25' is safe by linearly scaling field density at 25' by
power.

Do the neighbors live on the tower?  Alternatively, is Vatican Radio a
multi megawatt ERP station?

de Brian/K3KO

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com