[TowerTalk] Bent Mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bent Mast
From: k1ir@designet.com (Jim Idelson)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:28:46 -0400
It's pretty clear your friend should contract the job out to a professional. I
assume the idea of bending the mast back would involve attaching a line to the
top of the mast and pulling on it with a power winch or vehicle. Attempting to
bend the mast back into line this way will place unreasonable stress on the
tower and guying system. One or the other will most certainly fail. If I
understand the idea correctly, I think a) it's not going to work, b) it's going
to cause additional damage to the system, and c) it will be dangerous to people
anywhere in the fall zone.

I wouldn't touch this one with a ten-foot pole.

Jim K1IR

[TowerTalk] Bent Mast