[TowerTalk] Ham -IV

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham -IV
From: bravo@iol.ie (John Tait)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:23:12 +0100
Hi Clive...

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham -IV

> Hi John again,
> I have had a thought, do you remember how much over size those bearing
> were?. Just a few 1/1000"?. I'm thinking that I should do that here.

       Yes... Basically, they were just a few thou' more than the original,
but big enough to be a good "fill" for the raceway. I suppose I ended up
with about twice as many bearings as the original, because the metal bearing
holder was not in use any more. This means that there is less "slop" as
there is twice as much support as originally, and correspondingly less wear
as a result..

   Good luck in your efforts es 73
             de
         John  EI7BA

P.S.  I think I'll copy this to the reflector...Maybe someone else may find
the info usefull..

> 73 Clive

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com