[TowerTalk] cax under a driveway

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] cax under a driveway
From: w2cs@ipass.net (Gary J. Ferdinand W2CS)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:52:53 -0400
There is a way, but wait until all frost is over.

First, wear very old clothes and wear glasses.  This is messy.

Use a high pressure water source (such as those used to pressure wash
houses) directed into a PVC pipe which will eventually go under the driveway
completely.  Assuming no rocks on the way, the high pressure water will
mudify (to coin a new verb) the soil under the driveway, driving it out the
pipe where you are sitting (thus, the need for old clothes). As the water
does its thing, push the pipe in further, etc.  When you're done, the pipe
will sit astride and under the driveway.

It helps immensely to have dug out a channel on both sides of the driveway
to avoid tunneling into the next state and for ease of feeding the PVC pipe.
The PVC, once totally under the driveway, can now be used as a means of
routing the coax and can easily just stay in place.

Have fun playing in the mud!

GL/73,

Gary W2CS

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,