[TowerTalk] Anti-Climb Panels

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anti-Climb Panels
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:42:47 -0400
At 02:03 AM 4/24/01 EDT, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:
>    Anti-climb panels are just chunks of sheet metal. Get some 4x8 sections
>of relatively thin gauge sheet metal and have a machine shop chop them for
>you. They should cover the tower face at the bottom and 8 feet up - that's
>high enough to discourage anyone from trying to climb over them.
>
>    The attachment method is up to you; i.e. hose clamps, nuts and bolts,
>hangers, etc. You'll be amazed at how much money you save doing it this way.

I just wrapped the bottom 6 feet of my tower in hardware cloth, wired to
the tower legs, with a window cut in it for access to the remote antenna
switch.  Am I cheap or what?

Thanks to W9LT (now WA7LT) for the idea.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is waiting for your input at