[TowerTalk] GONE?, please reconsider.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] GONE?, please reconsider.
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 06:49:18 -0500
Dave- this "forum" is one of the broadest based I know of, in the
"reflector" category. (The news groups are another matter). There is a
tendancy for threads to wander, and branch off to other, relayed (usually)
subjects.  The real subject category emphasis, rather than just towers, is
anything that it takes to get a signal into the air.

 THere are some very strongly opinionated people here, who make their
thoughts known, sometimes without realizing that there are guests present.
Mostly, the strongest, most thoughtless blasts that come out, are directed
at other "Old Farts", of similar  habits, and not at the original
questioner.

LIke on the "Amps" reflector, there are also running fueds present. THese
should not be taken personally by people who have legitimate questions; the
answers are usually forthcoming, even if you have to wade in some
irrelevant stuff to get yours.

Please reconsider, and just stick around to watch the fun- I have learned a
LOT from the list.

Bill-W4BSG

-
Bill Aycock          W4BSG              EM64vr
Jackson County, AL

W4BSG is "vanity" this time, but was
earned by exam in 1954, the first time.

w4bsg@arrl.net