[TowerTalk] Temporary tower use

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Temporary tower use
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 14:53:29 -0400
Eric:

     This entire project sounds too "iffy" - lots of back-of-the-envelope
calculations, opinion, conjecture, don't want to/can't spend money for a
proven solution (crane), etc.  All obtained over the anonymous Internet.  I
urge you to rethink this project and consider abandoning any approach other
than a professional tower crew to design and execute what you need.  It
sounds as if the public will be around this thing during the event and that
could spell disaster if it ever falls.

     I hope you take my comments in the same vein in which they were given:
friendly advice from a colleague who doesn't want anyone hurt.

GL es 73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F