[TowerTalk] How to connect pieces of coax?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to connect pieces of coax?
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:44:55 -0700
On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 08:24:59PM +0300, Tõnno Vähk wrote:

> Having RG 213 and LDF 4-50A in mind mostly. I have about 4-5 50 feet pieces
> of LDF 4-50A. What would be the best way to make one feedline out of them
> without using connectors? (hardline connectors very expensive and hard to
> find).
>
> How much do the specifications (attentuation, RF leakage, etc...) of the
> cable deteoriate when soldered together from pieces?
> Should the connections be shielded somehow??
>
> What should I be mostly worried about when doing it?

You shoudl be able to make a very good splice for that
hardline - W0UN had a great message on doing this a few years ago.

http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/199508/0960.html

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----