[TowerTalk] paint

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] paint
From: k1ky@bellsouth.net (Tom Delker)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 22:44:37 -0500
Yes, the vinegar/water (50/50%) mix works very well in prepping
sections. I also use a product from Porter Paints called "Galvaprep" for
relatively clean Rohn sections prior to painting.

I am using the Porter Paints alkalyd based paint for the tower sections
after prepping. They recommend it as an "equipment" paint, and you can
have it mixed to your color of choice. I have used two different colors
depending on the application. First, I took the cap off a cold galvanize
spray can for them to match.  The second color, which is my "stealth"
paint, is "Mossy Stone", which is a deep dark brown color that blends in
with the natural background.  Virtually invisible at night, and looks
great during the day!

--
Thomas M. Delker - K1KY CFO#395 - Smyrna / Gallatin / Short Mtn. TN
A.R.R.L. District Emergency Coordinator - Tennessee District #4

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----