[TowerTalk] Hello All

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hello All
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 19:02:31 EDT
In a message dated 5/21/01 7:42:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
lclarks@nc.rr.com writes:

> Well I'm getting ready to order a tower !! I have ordered a Force12 C-31XR
>  and planing on putting some kind of 6 and 2mtr antenna's above the
>  31XR(nothing real large).
>  Its has to be free standing, crank-up/motorized, and fold over. It will
only
>  be extended when in use. It should be in the 70-75ft range.

    Pretty tough question. You have two choices: US Tower or an aluminum one
by Universal or Heights (only one of them makes a crank-up but I don't
remember which one).

    Aluminum is a tower material only used by Universal and Heights. There
are NO commercial towers made of aluminum (except maybe the trailer-mounted
version from one of the aforementioned manufacturers - I don't remember which
one).

    You'll probably go with the Heights/Universal one since shipping costs
are less than shipping a steel tower from California.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----