[TowerTalk] Aluminum towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum towers
From: kaiserdr@yahoo.com (Dave Kaiser)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 21:07:03 -0700 (PDT)
Cmon, there are several other aluminum tower
manufacturers. For over 20 years I have had a
heavy duty crank-up Aluma-tower, made in Vero
Beach, Fla., I believe. It is a heavy-duty 60
foot tower. It has outlasted about four or five
beams, including a Mosley TA-33 and TA-36, and
now supports a Hy-Gain TH-11-DXX. It is tied off
at the house facia and unguyed.

When I moved five years ago from Fort Lauderdale,
Florida, to Crystal River (400 miles) the tower
is the only ham-related gear I brought with me.

Dave Kaiser, AL7HG

P.S. I did recable the tower recently, and Aluma
was nice enough to provide me with cable routing
instructions, via email. They have a wide
assortment of towers of all heights. My 60-footer
only weighs about 120 pounds, I can easily move
it around single-handed.

=====
Dave Kaiser
Kaiserdr@yahoo.com
P.O. Box 574
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
(9663) 873-9266, home 878-6323, 878-6324