[TowerTalk] thoughts about property layout

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] thoughts about property layout
From: k1ttt@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 12:26:07 +0100

Josh T wrote:

> I guess my question is: Is there any way to take full advantage of my large
> lot with more wire antennas without crossing the electrical wire?

bury the wire

> What about a tower? a rohn 25 is about all I could afford...  Or another
> mast?  Guy wires would have to cross the electrical wire...

not a good idea. maybe attach a tower to the house

> The electrical wire is insulated... Am I being too cautions about this??

no, read the latest arrl letter about a ham being killed when the 2m ant they
were putting up came in contact with the house wires.  wire that has been
exposed to the elements for any length of time probably has cracks or other
flaws in the insulation, contact with anything can break old brittle insulation
that otherwise looks ok.

--
David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto://k1ttt@berkshire.net

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----