[TowerTalk] T2X & TX-489

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X & TX-489
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 00:32:44 -0400
Tom,

The Tx 489 has the same 12.5" top section that my 472 has .  You can get the
T2X inside but I had to cut one of the cross braces
to do so.  Once inside you can only crank down the tower to the point where
the T2X sticks out (it sticks out about 1 ").   I bought a Rohn
guy brace and put that around the top section to insure not cranking it down
too far while adding strength back.  The idea came from a structural
engineer.  The HDX tower is 15" on a side so there is no problem.
73 Dave K4JRB

> (1) Can a Hy-Gain Tailtwister T2X PASS THROUGH THE TOP SECTION TOWER
BRACES
> of a US Tower TX-489?
>
> (2) If the answer to (1) above is yes, is there room enough in the same
> tower top section to mount the T2X on the rotor shelf?
>
> (3)If the answer to (2) above is yes, is full tower top section retraction
> possible?
>
> Thanks and 73,
> Tom K4RV

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----