[TowerTalk] Lexan

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lexan
From: shr@ricc.net (W0UN--Signal Hill Ranch)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 10:34:13 -0600
My wife brought home some scrap sheets of Lexan
from work for making antenna parts.  (Love a woman
who understands my NEEDS!)

Hope to use this stuff for the insulated mountings for
the matching networks and connectors for VHF and UHF
Yagis.

Just wonder what experience anyone has with the
UV-resistance of Lexan.  This is 3/16 inch sheet
and is clear.  Mechanically it will be fine--just don't
want to have to replace it in a few years from UV
degradation.

BTW  She also brought me a 12 x 12 inch by 1 inch
thick sheet of Teflon.  Have used Teflon before on some
old W0EYE/Viezbicke/NBS688 Yagis and it has worked
well for that design--but wanting to try some alternate
mechanical designs and this Lexan looks promising.

Appreciate any insights/experiences on clear Lexan.

Thanks.

73--John  W0UN

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----