[TowerTalk] antenna mounts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] antenna mounts
From: PBARKEY@gw.bsu.edu (Patrick Barkey)
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 12:57:06 -0500
Bruce,

On my rotating R55 I made up boom plates that enable me to
put 1.5" muffler clamps in four places, two on each
tower leg.  Easy.

On a non-rotating tower, there will be several approaches.
The one I have used is to take a couple of stout pieces
of angle, each mounted flat against the tower with
the appropriate sized muffler clamps.  Then put a shortie
mast between them and bolt the antenna to that.

In Michigan we used to have a lower 10 meter beam
mounted that way, and at about 2 or 3 PM we'd climb up
and turn if from EU to JA.

On very light beams I might just use the tower vertical
leg as a mast, but I would rather spread that turning
torque across two legs.

   - Pat
     N9RV

>>> "Bruce Makas" <k1my@qwest.net> 06/06 11:42 AM >>>
Two questions:

1. I have a rotating tower, how do I mount the antenna to the tower? I
recall that there are several venders that sell these mounts.

2. I have a non-rotating tower and I want to mount a beam in a fixed
direction to this tower. If a face of the tower is not in line with the
direction I want, how do I mount the antenna? There needs to be some form of
adjustment, I would think.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce, K1MY

Sunny Sun Lakes, Arizona

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us