[TowerTalk] Earth Anchor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Earth Anchor
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (R.D. (Ron) Rossi)
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 15:32:38 -0400
The first page is more information than you would want to know. The followig
three are some important points from the whole book. I used 8" anchors and
bought them from Graybar (check the yellow pages or the web) at just over $100
for three shipped (they will charge you shipping if they dont have them. Buy
the thimble eye not the triple whatever-they-call-it.

http://www.hubbellpowersystems.com/powertest/chance/anchor_encyclopedia/anch_encyc_hom.htm

http://www.hubbellpowersystems.com/powertest/chance/anchor_encyclopedia/ae_sec_b/anchor_catalog/anchor_tool_09.htm

http://www.hubbellpowersystems.com/powertest/chance/anchor_encyclopedia/ae_sec_b/app_guide/appg_04.htm

http://www.hubbellpowersystems.com/powertest/chance/anchor_encyclopedia/anch_encyc_pg3.htm

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont

>>>"Michael Bartee" said:
> Can anyone tell me what the load capability is for a 6" X 48" screw in earth
> anchor ? I am looking for anchors for a 45' R25G tower and would prefer not
> to deal with concrete type anchors if possible. All input will be helpful.
> 73, Mike.
>

> List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
> for information on our fabulous Trylon Titan self-supporting towers - up to
> 96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadi
    o.com">
> www.ChampionRadio.com</A>
>
> -----