[TowerTalk] Stacked Beams

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacked Beams
From: Eric Moore" <emoore@windemullerelectric.com (Eric Moore)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 08:07:01 -0400
Hello TT Guru's,

I am the process of redoing the antennas on my tower and was concerned
about interaction between the beams.  My Mast is 10' long 1-1/2" diameter,
mounted in a pointy top Rohn 25G with the Rotor installed in the normal
position (Yeasu G800).  I have about 8.5' of mast to work with.  I have,
starting at the bottom of the mast, and going up:

Mosley TA-34-XL-WARC (21' boom) (10-12-15-17-20Meters)
Cushcraft 13B-2 (Mounted Horizontal) (15' boom) (2 Meters)
Homebrew 15 Element Yagi for 432Mhz (Mount Horizontal) (10' boom)
Top mounted GP-6 2M/440Mhz (10' tall vertical)

I also have a Radio Works Carolina Windom (CW-80) hanging off a piece of 5'
Uni-strut at the point where the pointy top starts it's angle into the mast
pipe.

 Tower is 40' tall if that matters.

My question to the group is what would the best spacing be to minimize
interaction between the beams.  As  you can see, I don't have very much
mast space, but don't really want to go any higher.

Thanks,
Eric
K8CCA

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----