[TowerTalk] Vertical top-loading questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical top-loading questions
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:32:16 -0400
You have expressed your options as:

1. More tower sections, and
2. Inverted L wires at the top.

Here are more options:

3. Instead of 20 feet of aluminum above the tower, try 11 feet of tubing
made of descending sizes, and top it off with a 9 foot stainless steel
mobile whip (thin -- so as not to be capturing a lot of wind, and very
flexible).

4. Instead of inverted L's, a top hat made of three or four wires, each
of which would be shorter than the inverted L wire.

5. A combination: A three wire top hat and a 9 foot stainless steel
mobile whip. In fact, that's how W1CF and W1FC designed and built their
verticals, which stood up very well in New England (we have winter here
too).

Fred Hopengarten K1VR
hopengarten@post.harvard.edu
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
781/259-0088 *eFax 419/858-2421
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----