[TowerTalk] Tensioning guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tensioning guys
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 01:36:27 +0100
Jerry,

If I understand your question...

Attach the lower end of the comealong to the hole in the galvanized rod that
the equalizer plate is attached to, using a shackle (or other similar
device) of appropriate strength.
Then, attach the preformed guy grips to the guy cable through the
appropriate hole in the (loosened to three turns) turnbuckle on the
equalizer plate.  Then, slowly release tension on the turnbuckle
until the grip/turnbuckle/equalizer plate takes the tension up.  Continue
until all the tension is transferred, then remove the comealong/Klein
grip/shackle, etc.

Did I understand your question?  You may need to add an oversized shackle to
the hole in the galvanized rod in order to accommodate both the equalizer
plate and the temporary attachment point for the comealong. (This may be the
answer to your question as well.

73,

Bill, N3RR