[TowerTalk] MFJ 259B vs Autek?, Correction

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ 259B vs Autek?, Correction
From: abowen@nettally.com (ABowenN4OO)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:47:11 -0400
N4OO said:

>If I could only own one, I suppose it would be the MFJ. I would hate
>giving up the ability to measure L, C and coax loss, however.
===================================
I said some things in my earlier posting that were not true. My posting
should have noted that my experience was with the original 259 not the B
model.

A review of the instruction book for the B model describes how to measure
C, L and a number of  properties of coaxial transmission lines. The B model
has a much wider range of measurement options than the original.

The B model does use more batteries and requires more current. Battery life
is somewhat shorter, but I do not have a good estimate. The operating self
check procedure does include a battery voltage measurement so you have an
idea of the battery condition. If you are making a lot remote measurements,
have some extra AA cells on hand.

Tnx to those who have pointed out my obvious failure to read the instructions.

INK N4OO

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----