[TowerTalk] Solvents

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Solvents
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 00:24:47 -0500
  Electrical Contact Cleaner will
> remove the oil but not harm the Windings. Some of these cleaner's could
> attack the vanish on the winding and then they would short
> out.... 73's Gene
> k2qwd

I was wondering about the effects on the varnish, too.

I know there are electric motor repair shops around Houston (and other
cities, I'm sure--just drier than Houston's).  They must have ways to clean
the motor windings without affecting the insulation.  Check around your area
and see.  If they can do it, I'd jump for it...that way, I wouldn't have to
fool with the Tri-chlor or any other solvents.

73,
dale, kg5u

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----