[TowerTalk] quad ant

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] quad ant
From: hwardsil@wolfenet.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 03:20:02 +0100
That works pretty well for assembly.  The tricky part is then getting it up
to the top of the tower - tram line works OK.

Individual feed is definitely the way to go.  I use an RCS-8V 5-pos remote
coax switch.  On 20/17/15, I have a 1/4-wave matching section of RG-62/U (93
ohm coax) going from the switch to the feedpoint and straight 50-ohm coax on
12 and 10-meters.  You also should have some kind of strain relief for the
cable at the feedpoint to keep the feed from breaking loose as the cable
flops around in the breeze, breaking the #20 solid wire Gem provides.

73, Ward N0AX