[TowerTalk] Weed Whacker Cord.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Weed Whacker Cord.
From: edbruns@juno.com (Edward L Bruns)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:50:35 -0400
I have used .080" green weed whacker cord to hold up the ends of
various wires for the last three or four years. I got a 1200 foot spool
from WALL*MART for $9.95 back then. It's holding up very well
in the sunlight, none of it has broken yet.

All my dipoles are supported at the center so there is no coax load
on the stuff. All my wires are some #18 aircraft trailing antenna wire
that I got 35 or 40 years ago...have been using it ever since. None of
it has ever broken either. From the street, the wires &cord are virtually
invisible...hard to see even if you know what to look for.

Ed, W3EKT.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----