[TowerTalk] Braided Ground Strapping

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Braided Ground Strapping
From: k4bet@bellsouth.net (Paul McInnish - K4BET)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:09:05 -0400
I would suggest one correction to a comment made and I quote:  "It's easy to
solder any other wires...."!  Please, never solder any grounds!  The low
melting point of solder will cause the joint to disintegrate extremely
rapidly with a very small surge of lightning.  Then NO ground protection!

Use clamps and good strong compression fittings designed for the purpose!