[TowerTalk] 7075-T6 Aluminum

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 7075-T6 Aluminum
From: k1ttt@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:19:03 +0100
in aluminum alloy designations the first number is the alloy composition number
which can be looked up in a table to get the various percentages of elements in
the alloy.  the 'T' number is the heat treatment designation.  that can be
looked up to tell you what type of heat treatment the material has had.  the
heat treatment affects how the grains in the material are arranged, this can
affect strength and hardness of the final material.  working after heat
treatment as in drawing tubing or bending carribeaners or machining can further
affect the characteristics of the final product.

--
David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto://k1ttt@berkshire.net

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----