[TowerTalk] Safety Device for Trylon Tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Safety Device for Trylon Tower?
From: hankarn@pacbell.net (Dan)
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 05:20:55 -0700
Dan, How hard is your head? or your arms, legs etc. about hitting the
angle sticking out that you hit while you are swinging around on the
lanyard?

What is wrong with climbing and clipping etc? Lot safer.
Are you using a fully approved harness and fall arrest lanyard? As you
say you are cheap!! did you go cheap on the climbing gear???? Or pop the
bucks for safe gear.
Why not a professional tower man, let him have all of the liability and
expense.
I use a crane and full body harness. It is faster, safer and I can tweak
each element if needed, unless you are spiderman and light as a feather
or have veeeerrrrrryyyy looooonnnnggggg arms to reach the elements it is
up and down until it is tweaked. We tweak at the operating height.

Hank
KN6DI
 You asked

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----