[TowerTalk] 40m 4 Square

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40m 4 Square
From: k4sqr@juno.com (k4sqr@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 18:29:15 -0400
Patrick;

Using  vertical formula of 234/7.000=33.4 feet
or 33 feet 4 & 5/8 inches. 33'4" will certainly be a good starting point
for 7.0.

Starting with 2" OD and going up the chart of smaller sizes, see the 6'
UPS shippable aluminum at www.texastowers.com  A 6" overlap is adequate
for 40 meters.

Using 1" cuts gives two "slots", then again perpendicular results in two
more. A stainless hose clamp tightens this joint very nicely. If in high
wind county, use a splice to obtain 12' of 2" diamter etc. and/or pin the
joints.

73,

Jim Miller, K4SQR
http://www.comteksystems.com
4-Square Experts, Stack Yagi
& Remote Antenna Switching Systems

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:43:46 -0400 "RichmondP" <richmondp@home.com>
writes:
> Hello,
>
> I am in the process of constructing a 40 meter four square and need
> advice.
> What type of aluminum or pvc should I use to construct my vetricals
> and what
> taper would the best to use.  The verticals will be approximately 35
> feet
> high.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick, W4PV
>

> List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer?
> Call us
> for information on our fabulous Trylon Titan self-supporting towers
> - up to
> 96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
> HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
> www.ChampionRadio.com</A>
>
> -----

Jim Miller, K4SQR