[TowerTalk] 2:1 balun

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2:1 balun
From: K7GCO@aol.com (K7GCO@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 19:12:41 EDT
In a message dated 7/1/01 11:38:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, realex@flash.net
writes:
<< MIke,
 Since you did not specify narrow or broad band, Ill take the easy route and
 say make a choke balun out of a length of 75 ohm coax that is 1/4 wavelength
 long at the desired frequency. Connect the 100 ohm load to the end with the
choke
 and a 50 ohm line to the other end.  Dont forget to account for velocity
factor of
  the 75 ohm line.
 73, Bob, W5AH