[TowerTalk] Wires in trees

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wires in trees
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 07:47:01 -0400
I use a bow and arrow, but I fill the last several inches of hollow
aluminum arrows with solder inside the arrow by pouring molten
solder inside the arrow.

I use a dam made from a paper wad to prevent solder from going
more than six or eight inches deep.

I've found the arrows tend to bend less often, get through the trees
better, and fly straighter if the outside is left intact and only the
core filled.

When I have a large stand of trees, I use fishing line and fly a kite
over the trees. Then I let the kite fall. Even if the line is very long,
the kite eventually will fall when the wind dies off or shifts.

I'm able to get lines over trees areas that are several hundred feet
wide with kites.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----