[TowerTalk] New Chinese yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New Chinese yagis
From: wd3q@erols.com (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 17:23:19 -0400
My family and I are just back from 2 weeks in China, about 1/3 was
spent in Shanghai with friends.  For a city this large (17m people, we
were told), where you drive -- well, sit in traffic -- to go just about
anywhere, I saw only one antenna setup that looked even remotely like
an amateur setup.

Didn't see anything in Beijing, but wasn't here long enough to
look.  Did see one 'amateur like' setup in Guilin (SE China), however.

I emailed the Shanghai Radio Sports Association in advance hoping to
set something up, but never got a response.

Maybe next time.

Eric W3DQ