[TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000 Rotor - Post lightening strike

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000 Rotor - Post lightening strike
From: mpride@us.ibm.com (Mark Pride)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 10:56:18 -0400
Request some early analysis help from the TT team.

Recently my G1000SDX took a power line surge as a result of a lightening
strike.  Typically, when the rotor is disconnected, the indicator moves
clockwise.  With cables and rotor attached, and power applied, the
indicator goes counterclockwise.  This without pushing any control buttons.

Any early advise?  Source of the problem in the control box or rotor or a
shorted control cable?  Will no doubt go back to the factory for repair
under a homeowners insurance claim.

Regards,

Mark, K1RX

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----