[TowerTalk] tieing utility and tower grounds together

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tieing utility and tower grounds together
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:23:46 -0400

> >    Copper strap is better than wire since it gives you more surface area
> >    for
> >earth contact so it's the preferred material for rocky soil.

Just be sure the copper strap is not braided or woven, especially if
it is subject to weather! Use solid smooth copper flashing for all
important grounds!

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----