[TowerTalk] HF Antenna Mfg

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF Antenna Mfg
From: franknorton@home.com (Frank Norton)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 23:35:08 -0400
Hello all,

I am in the market for a 40m rotatable dipole.  As well as a 20 meter yagi.
Not a major challenge it would seem.  Well, I don't know how many of u have
tried to purchase an HF antenna recently, but this past week I realized
that there r only 2 major players making HF antennas--Force 12, and Moseley.

The rest that have current ads in QST, CQ, etc. r either custom order or
only making VHF antennas "currently".  Please note, I did not contact any
of the niche manufacturers for quads, LPDAs, or unusual/emerging designs.

For instance, calls to M2 went unanswered, but Texas Towers is "currently"
only taking orders for their VHF antennas.  The M2 web site did have the
selection of HF listed but r they really available or not?  Similar
situation with Cushcraft (some dealers did offer seemingly random "in
stock" merchandise--not restocking),,,,,,,

Does anyone know of a firm who is currently manufacturing and delivering HF
Yagi's/rotatable dipoles?  Someone who is not using traps and is not just
compiling orders until they have enough to justify a production run?  (for
the 40 meter antenna I don't wish to purchase Force 12, though I do have a
Sigma 40 vertical that is very sturdy.)

Thanks for any info u may provide!

Frank, KB8XU

-----