[TowerTalk] Cold Galvanizing Spray

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cold Galvanizing Spray
From: JClymerjr@aol.com (JClymerjr@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:36:04 EDT
I am intrigued by the glowing TT comments regarding cold galvanizing spray.
Since my experience is so much to the contrary, I must be &#8220;Ralphing
up&#8221; the process somehow. I&#8217;m hoping someone here can correct the
error of my ways.

I have tried 3 different brands. I have enthusiastically read all the promo
stuff: &#8220;Rich with self-sacrificing zinc, creating a durable bond, etc.,
etc.&#8221;

I have applied the spray paint directly over clean, existing galvanized steel.
I have applied it to new, buffed (with steel wool, and/or emery cloth) steel,
and to chemically etched, new steel. I have allowed it to &#8220;cure&#8221;
for 12 weeks. I have yet to achieve what I would consider a &#8220;bond.&#8221;
To wit: the paint can be scraped off down to original surface with the
slightest effort. In fact I can even rub it off with a callus on my thumb!

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jim - WS6X

-----